A close friend of mine inspired me to start wholesale reflection some years ago each December as a means to prepare for the coming year. It helps to make sense of the year that was and gain clarity on lessons learned.
Here are my 12 lessons from 2017 which may also help you and entrepreneurs you know. This week’s post (below) has all the details.
1. Thinking publicly is no longer optional
2. Investor expectations on traction are very different to two years ago
3. Scenario planning is your best friend (in all circumstances)
4. Cherish life. It ends unexpectedly.
5. Being ‘venture-backed’ isn’t a business model
6. Understanding incentives is 9/10 of great partnerships
7. Growth changes everything but it’s rarely linear
8. “In the spirit of radical candour….” was the most productive sentence-starter of the year
9. Trust is a competitive advantage
10. Beware the shadow cast by disrupters
11. The soul of a product is as important as its function
12. History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes
So with that, enjoy this week’s post and thank you for your attention in 2017. It’s been a big year and I hope 2018 is your best one yet and from my family to yours, Happy New Year! 🎉